WHO WE ARE.
Koetter Woodworking is a leading manufacturer of architectural millwork, doors and cabinet components. For over 60-years, we have serviced the Midwest with high quality wood products used in the residential and commercial building industry.
At Koetter Woodworking, we want every team member to feel empowered, which is why we are passionate about investing in the development and growth of our people. At the end of the day, its about providing a quality product to our customers, being good stewards of the environment and community and providing a fun, rewarding work environment for our team members.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced Data Manager to oversee the management of our ERP system. This position leads a data entry team responsible for entering sales orders, production orders, inventory transactions, creating and distributing various reports, billing, and other various tasks. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills as well as an understanding of: database management, inventory procedures, and basic accounting principles. This role requires excellent troubleshooting and teambuilding skills, and the ability to work with cross-functional teams throughout the company.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Activity Center: 022 Data Entry
Reports To: Director of Sales & Product Management
Scheduled Shift: 1st Shift – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experiences and/or training including: Data Processing, Item ID Management, Manufacturing Software/Systems, Inventory Management, Costing, Writing Procedural Manuals, and Report Writing are preferred.
- Ability to effectively and accurately input data
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Seek perfection, focus on processes, and embrace a problem-solving mentality
- Seek continuous improvement, and be open to new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Ability to identify an issue and work with team members to resolve issues
- Possesses time management, planning, and organization skills
- High level of computer proficiency
- Knowledgeable with: Traverse, Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, and DocUnity, and willing and able to learn new systems as necessary
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret general information and follow instructions
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and millimeters
- Ability to convert and compute fractions, decimals, and metric
- Ability to lead and manage an activity center in all facets
- Develop an advanced understanding of Traverse in all facets, especially pertaining to the function of Order Entry, Inventory Management, Item Management, Customer Management (info), Purchasing, Bills of Material, Traverse Security, Kitted items, Document Delivery, System Manager, and GL Budget
- Develop a detailed understanding of what products are manufactured by Koetter Woodworking and how they are used
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Koetter Woodworking product binder, including products, costing, pricing, and policies
- Develop a thorough understanding of price structures, customer discounts, Traverse’s pricing capabilities and set-up
- Develop an understanding of Traverse’s connection with Koetter Connect (master data for customers, customer discounts, integration process, etc.
- Must be able to enter complex orders into Traverse
- Stock Orders
- Custom Orders (including orders for new items)
- Door Orders
- Develop a thorough understanding of the flow of the order entry process
- Understand the reasoning behind an item ID
- Specified Lengths, Preferred Lengths, and Chopped Lengths
- Ship dates and ship zones
- Accounts with similar names
- Special order pricing, set-ups, and costs
- DocUnity maintenance
- Develop a detailed understanding of internal information flow for sales orders
- Customer orders
- Paperwork flow from the time the order is placed, until it ships
- Which people get which paperwork, and when
- Understand, maintain, and train co-workers (as needed) on corporate inventory policies and procedures